Security Camera Systems
Camera systems and surveillance for your home and business is a must have these days. There are 2 main systems to choose from when considering a camera system. NVR / DVR or Cloud based recording.
NVR / DVR or Network Video Recorder / Digital Video Recorder systems are the most common systems that we provide and install. NVR/DVR systems have multiple cameras connected to a single recording device in your home or business. Here are reasons why you should consider an NVR/DVR system:
* View live or recorded video at anytime using a smart phone, tablet, PC or Mac.
* Almost unlimited number of cameras can be configured.
* Records 24/7 or on motion detect or both.
* Options to create a trip wire or smart motion detect to be notified when a vehicle or a person crosses a virtual line or enter into a defined area.
* Many types of camera styles, colors, sizes, and quality to choose from.
* Video stored on a local device stored on premises and is private.
* Can be connected to a local monitor or TV to view the cameras in 4k quality.
* Cameras can be powered with only 1 category cable using POE.
* No monthly or annual cost for video storage.
Cloud based cameras are cameras that require an internet connection to record to an internet cloud server generally provided by Ring, Nest, or Alarm.com. Here are some notes when considering cloud based cameras.
* Requires an account setup with the provider of the cameras
* Requires a monthly service package for cloud video storage.
* Generally easier to use for the end user to operate than an NVR/DVR.
* Limited number of cameras can be setup on the premises.
* Requires power in most cases to install.
* Can be cheaper and simpler to install at first, but you have on going monthly costs moving forward.
* Are updated continually and can add new features as they get updated.
* Require a good Wifi connection at its location. Often times WiFi needs upgraded to reach outside locations.
Cloud based system.